Sunday, December 18, 2011

Winter or what?

Even thought Colorado has been receiving less snow than many people would like this winter Ive been making the best of my free time ,skiing and climbing every chance I get.

So far Ive managed to re -learn to alpine ski and have put in 13 days between Eldora, Loveland and Silverton Mt. Iv been doing a fare amount of skinning too. A couple scouting trips in the Peaceful valley area and RMNP have helped me get used to horizontal travel.


Hidden Ice in Peaceful Valley

As far as Ice climbing is concerned, Ive been to the Moffat tunnel flow 4 times, lead the first two pitches of WI2 at Mt Linclon and just returned from an epic snowboarding /ice climbing trip to the San Juan Mountains in Southwest Colorado. While in Ouray Dusty Buck and I got to climb the aptly named Chock stone route at the Sky light area. The next day I had the chance to lead a 50ish ft pitch of WI2/3  and hang a top-rope at the awesome but crusty Bear Creek Falls outside Telluride.The final day of our trip we had the privilege to ride a fresh 20he inches at Silverton Mt. before camping at the Orvis hot springs in negative temperatures.These are just a few of the photos I was able to take on my phone. I plan on elaborating on these events one I load more photos from the pocket camera. Check back soon...

The Day of to J off! Rockin out at Silverton Mt.






No comments:

Post a Comment